Post Search

Oct 17, 2009

Fredricksburg!

WOW!

Just wow!

Today was a BLAST! It was the most fun day I've had in quite a long time =D

So... if you guys all follow the boards closely, you already know that Dixie, Mama Wolf, and Mojo all came up for the weekend event! Dixie wanted to learn more about her history and experience Fredricksburg, Mama Wolf wanted to exchange with me and hunt some boxes at the event, and Mojo was along for the ride! ;D

X and I woke up normal time this morning, got ready, and got on the road! It was about an hour drive to Fredricksburg... And, as we thought we were getting closer and closer, we noticed a car on the side of the road....... And, it said on the back "FREDRICKSBURG OR BUST!"...

...And, then I saw Dixie!! We were in the right spot! ;)

We got out of the car, did the hugs, and got all our stuff in order =) ...And then there was Wolf... Cussing under her breath as she approached ;D

Then, she got really excited as she saw all of us and we went into the coffee shop... Mojo joined us pretty quickly... We got our clues, my dad got his coffee, and Mama Wolf and I did our long-awaited exchange! * HALLELUJAH CHORUS IN THE BACKGROUND!*

The event organizer, Four Survivors had to get the lollipops separated for anyone who got the bonus clues... So, I decided I could help with that... And, we didn't have any scissors, so I used my ever trusty carving tool! Four Survivors asked if I wanted to get some scissors from the front desk, but I was having too great of a time! I DON'T NEED NO STINKIN' SCISSORS! ;)

Soon after finishing my job, BullDawg and Trailing Emerson joined us with their new baby Journey, as well =) We all picked up some clues...

...And we were off! After being kicked out of the coffeehouse by management (even after people offered them money to stay), we decided to hunt boxes =) Gallant Rogue decided to join us for the adventure =)

So, we went from store to store to bar to store finding nearly every single box =)

After running around in the rain, we stopped for lunch at one of the box locations. It was reeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaalllllllly good food =D Scarab came in for a short time while we waited for our food and we exchanged =) Journey fell asleep, so BullDawg and Trailing Emerson departed...

And we hunted more and more boxes, exploring stores and bars and the Confederate Cemetery. Dixie was extremely interested in all of the history there, as she should be! It was pretty cool =D

We headed over to Carl's World Famous Ice Cream, which actually serves custard, according to Ellbee =) And it was GOOD!

And we walked around town and found just one more from that point... We told stories and talked about carving... Ya know, lettergeek stuff ;D

Dinner time came around so we made our way back to the tavern... There were lots of exchanges, some hard times given... (Yes, I'm talking about you Mama Wolf!) AND..............

I GOT NOT ONE, NOT TWO, BUT THREE HUGS FROM WOLF! ;D

It was for a 3 Blind Mice stamp, so we had to! And there had to be photo proof.... And, Dixie was such a bad picture taker, we had to take it over and over again... We fired Dixie as the photographer after the second blurry picture and got Mojo to take it =)

Thankfully, the bad photography gene was not inherited from her mom ;)

Mama Wolf says she needs therapy, especially after having to do it three times!

So, after the hugs were done, we went upstairs, had dinner, exchanged with people, and had a raffle! I won a fancy cork to a bottle of wine and X won a box of fudge =D

Mmmmmmm.... Hopefully he's out of the house tomorrow so I can break into it before he gets the chance to =)

So, after saying our goodbyes, we departed... Agreeing we'd see each other again within a few months at future events =)

.....X and I agreed that it was a great time. I certainly wish we could do it again tomorrow! ;D

~BOB~

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What a BLAST!!

And for the record, any "hard times" that were doled out were earned. ;)

And Dixie was deliberately taking bad photos to tramatize me! The day before she was aiming cannons at me in the battlefield yelling, "I SHOT A YANKEE!!"

Oh, but it was soooo worth it!! FINALLY I got that exchange with BOBGUYMAN!!

DIXIE said...

a SUPER time indeed!

I think Mojo is even wanting to start carving again maybe... she kinda hinted at that :)

an ya know BOB... it was you that put her over the edge. She had seemed almost determined to not do exchanges or to letterbox. She was just along for the ride and the company but then... here comes Bobguyman with the siggy stamp he carved. Let's just say she went to the car...brought out her stuff... and did some exchanges. Then that night she had an awesome time doing exchanges. So thanks to BOB for getting Mojo interested once again!

Also... just for the record... I liked seeing Wolf in those embraces ;) *snicker*