Post Search

Oct 9, 2009

KA-RAZY!

Today was interesting...

Well.... I guess it was a bit more than interesting...

It was bound to happen in a school of 2200 kids... We had a bomb threat today... *sigh*

And, actually, I was not that disappointed when told I had to leave school ;)

I was actually even less disappointed than I would have been on a normal day ;) I had some classes that I got to skip that were absolutely booorinnngg...

We got called out of computer graphics... A class that is possibly the easiest thing I've ever taken... I am just trying to kill the hour and forty-five minutes each day I have that class... I was working on a project and thankfully I saved quite a bit of progress right as they announced we had to evacuate.

After that class, I was to have PE with a substitute and we were going to play ultimate football for AN HOUR AND A HALF! ..... Oh.... my.... gosh.... Was not looking forward to it (not a big fan of football!)

And then I was to have lunch and then have to manage to stay a wake through a video (that we've seen before!) and take notes..... Darn the luck! I had to miss that? ;)

INSTEAD, I got to spend an hour and a half outside under the nice weather talking with friends and goofing off... And to think, we were at school! Of course, I had to leave my backpack inside or else I could have been doing homework... Would have saved me quite a bit of time this weekend... Oh well... It was fun anyways =)

Then, when they told us we were going to leave, it was time for an experience I'd never had before: walk across the street to the 7/11 and McDonald's ;)

I used my friend's phone to call my mom. "I'll be there in 20 minutes." Plenty of time =)

So, I sat and talked with my friend in McDonald's for a few minute until we decided the parking lot was WAY too crowded for our parents to park. So, we moved next door to the 7/11...

And, my friend was going to buy us slurpies.... only to find out that this 7/11 is one of the few without slurpies! ARRRGGG! =P

So, we waited for about 10 more minutes until my mom got there. And I can cut her some slack... That place was experiencing rush hour.... Only, it wasn't the regularly scheduled rush hour! Everyone was trying to retreat from the area and the police were trying to push them out while hundreds of students were crossing streets to get lunch and leave campus!

Sooo..... we went home and ate lunch and welcomed our guests...

....and I just finished taking a nap... Oh, it felt GOOD! =D

So, I do not have any of my stuff from school. It had to remain in the building... So, I have to go pick it up later tonight or tomorrow morning... *sigh*

But, that's okay. It's Friday! We have Monday off in addition to the usual Saturday and Sunday.... Sounds like we'll be going into DC with our guests and having a lot of fun =)

The next week is going to be crazy though... Like I said, Monday off... Then, we get out of school early on Wednesday because we are taking PSATs that day... Oh fun =P

Hmmm... the hot tub sounds good right now! =)

~BOB~

3 comments:

Tasha M said...

I didn't know that 7-11's could exist without a Slurpee machine... interesting.

Glad you had a good day! Have a great (long) weekend!

Unknown said...

That's what I was thinking-- do they make 7-11's without Slurpees???

When there was a bomb threat where I work at Social Services, they just had us go back in the building since it wasn't 3pm yet and the bomb wasn't supposed to go off until then. WTF???

The stranger thing is that when the clients were told there was a threat they cared as much as management-- not at all. They all just shrugged and got back in line to get their benefits!

Anonymous said...

DO all schools have PSATs on Wednesday? my school does too.
winged gypsy