Post Search

Jan 3, 2010

Mysteries in the Mountains (The 100th Post)

First and foremost, this is the 100th post to the blog! Didn't think we'd get this far, but woohoo! =)

(This post looks really long... And it is, but try to get through it all- it just looks really long because I made it into so many paragraphs)

So.... this weekend was awesome =D =D =D

We headed up to the Foxes' farm on Friday in my dad's Toyota truck (despite the poem I wrote on Thursday). We stopped at Subway restaurant on the way and later at the grocery store to pick up some chicken for dinner...

And, we got to the farm first... And I mean first... Mama Fox wasn't even home yet, so we put on all our warm excess clothing. Then they all started to show up... And, I gave her the event stamp, which Wassa cleverly suggested I mount to a whoopee cushion. It was inside an Outhouse birdhouse, so the farting noises just made it a hilarious stamp ;D

I found a few of the newer stamps on the farm, but it was so cold I was really wanting to hang out in the barn. Plus, mixing, mingling, and exchanging are fun =) I met a ton of boxers I've been waiting to get exchanges with, but it was so cold and there were so many people, I wasn't really going for too many PTs...

Mama Wolf finally showed up with her family and Seattle Bound (she didn't have her alligator with her, sadly)... While everyone was exchanging, the Wolf Family and I all went over the Outhouse to get the HH Hostel. Mama Wolf decided we needed to do a parody of the Blair Witch Project... That was the most hilarious part of the weekend! It was staged perfectly ;D

I have since learned from Mama Wolf that the rights to the "production" have been acquired by Wassa.... There's no telling what he could do with that!! The footage is hardly usable, but the entire situation, including the audio is priceless... =D =D =D

So... the rest of the event was a lot of exchanging in the cold and listening to others sing for the Sheeeet Music! PT... Yeah, I chickened out... I can't sing...... AT ALL ;)

We got Dixie to guide X, DC Stones, Seattle Bound, and I to our cabin. It was pretty nice, and we found the name of the street it was on amusing: Spooky Branch =)

That night, X, DC Stones, and I stayed back at the cabin while Dixie, Mojo, and Seattle Bound all went out in the cold to put some of the boxes in their places for the event. They asked if we wanted anything from the store... I always have a craving for cookie dough ice cream, so I kiddingly asked for it...

All of us at the house fell asleep around 11 while everyone else stayed up until like 4 in the morning ;)

Speaking of which, I'm kinda wondering what the loud crash *cough*DIXIE!*cough* in the middle of the night was... ;)

And......... When we woke up in the morning, it sucked... THERE WAS SNOW ON THE GROUND! We drove 7 hours to go box in the SNOW?!?! But, the weather channel told us it was going to be sunny later... I'm not sure I believed it, but it did...

So, the "early sleepers" got up and went for some boxes near a really nice almost fairytale hotel. X and I planned to get those and then go meet up with the Wolves... On our way to Carrier Park (HQ for the event), we found out she totally wimped out... She claims it was because of the snow and her old green van's difficulties in it, but we all know she was just scared of the hug Fluffy Cow was going to plant on her =)

We froze our butts off at Carrier Park... The wind chill must have been around 0 degrees (maybe less) under there. But, I got my exchange with Fluffy Cow!! Wooh! =)

So, we dove into the Chinese all-you-can-eat buffet (considering the fact that my dad didn't even get me breakfast) and stayed there for a while. I got exchanges with people I had missed the night before and others who weren't there...

The event stamp was PHENOMENAL!... It was carved by 3 Blind Mice (who else?) and a very large two layer stamp (are you regretting leaving yet, Mama Wolf?) ;)

X, DC Stones, and I all got together with Lavagirl and Seattle Bound. We did some quality slack-car boxing for the cemetery, but got some incredible stamp out of it =)

Lavagirl had to head home, but the rest of us hunted some more boxes and headed over to the barbecue restaurant... Those cheese fries were good (are you regretting leaving YET, Mama Wolf?) ;)

We decided to go for some night boxes... HELEN COME FORTH!! My dad's truck's engine had been spazzing out all day and I still hadn't gotten my exchange with Seattle Bound.

When we got up there, weird things began to happen......... As X and Seattle Bound were hunting the box, Seattle Bound's signature stamp disappeared... She set it on the top of her logbook right next to her and she reached down and it wasn't there. We checked all over, but it wasn't there.... And Dixie's passenger seat was up when she got back in her car...... and it wasn't any of us because we were all looking for Seattle Bound's sig stamp... But, in return for the sig stamp, the truck survived another day and got us through the 7 hour drive back home....

Thank you, Helen! But at the same time, darn it, Helen!

That's okay, because I'm going to carve her a new one within the week and send it to her, I'm hoping =)

We also picked up Undead Mayhem (great box!) and Zombie Elvis (a little freaky because of a story Mojo had told me about a usually drunk homeless man that lives near the box)...

We went back to the cabin after that around 10:30 or so... Everyone slowly started falling asleep... Except for Dixie and I... We were eating rocky road and cookie dough ice cream at 2:15 in the morning! ;D

Good times, good times =)
~BOB~

4 comments:

Fluffy Cow said...

Great post... I just spent 5 minutes feeding your fish.

Unknown said...

And a copy of that Blair Witch video will be heading to you tomorrow. :D That alone was worth the trip!

Bobguyman said...

LOL... so true ;)

~BOB~

Tasha M said...

It sounds like a great time!

(I didn't even realize you could feed the fish; I was always squealing at Rastaman to see how they followed my pointer!)