Post Search

Feb 6, 2010

The Indefinitely Long Weekend

I went to school 2 days this week. It leaves me wondering if it was even worth to go those two days!

We had Monday off as a scheduled teacher's workday, had school Tuesday, snow day Wednesday, had school Thursday, and no school Friday. They called Friday off the night before because a winter storm warning was issued...

...And it was fairly intelligent to issue the warning because it's been a full blown winter wonderland since about 9 a.m. yesterday morning. And it has been everything they've expected: about 2 feet by this morning, continuing until later tonight giving us probably 6-8 more inches (at least!)

The snow wasn't sticking to the roads for about 3 hours after it started yesterday, but they're completely covered today. So... probably no school Monday, maybe none Tuesday.

Oh, and it's supposed to get worse! They're calling for more snow starting around noon on Tuesday... We're supposed to get around the same amount as we are this weekend...

So, this weekend may never end for me... And I'm enjoying it with the elementary kids on our street. They go out and play with their sleds nearly every day and I get bored inside and go out and join them...

Hehe... who says I have to be a mature high schooler.

~BOB~

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You probably don't need to be a matuer high schooler as you state, but don't you think that your mom and dad could use your hand in the massive amounts of shoveling instead of playing all the time?

I don' know....I'm just saying...

Unknown said...

Uh, oh, BOB-- it looks like Anonymous may be Mom or Dad invading your blog! LOL!

But it could be worse. I lived in Michigan and my parents made us shovel WHILE it was snowing! I had to shovel the drive, walkway, a path to the dog, a path to the barn, a path to the mailbox, and a path to the busstop!

BUT, I still found lots of time to go sledding and rabbit tracking. :)

Enjoy!

The Wolf Family

Kay/The Little Foxes said...

Oh, there's always stuff to shovel - and it ain't going anywhere. But it's mandatory to go sledding while the sledding is good!!!

And, having met BOB's mom and dad - I doubt he's playing all the time even though he tries to make us think so - lol!!!

Have you built jump ramps for the sleds? That's what we did last time and that was great fun! Not enough snow this time tho - all slush and rain.

The Little Foxes in the Snow and Slush and Mud

DIXIE said...

Enjoy those little kids...
be one again yourself while you have the chance...
stock pile some snow balls...
and when dad comes out the door engage him in all out war ;)

there is always time later to grow up *love & hugs*

Anonymous said...

No...it's all playing. No shoveling...of course, I heard his dad made a deal with the guy next door to use his honda snowblower instead of doing the driveway himself. Even BOB didn't help with that...or so I hear.