Post Search

Sep 8, 2009

Back to School

Well, I have to say that this morning I was incredibly bummed to have to go back to school... But, I also have to say that it was much easier having already spent a year in high school (even if it was a different one).

It didn't feel like 2200 kids (I have told some people 3000, but the number had a huge decrease since last year, which was where I got the number)... because it was so spread out...

It was quite confusing trying to figure out my way to classes, but I had a map and my schedule with me, so I'm figuring it out... Homework load (at least tonight's) was not really anymore than I had in my old school...

I haven't met anyone yet... but that's okay... Even if I don't, I'm just fine being alone...

So, it wasn't as bad as I expected (which I knew it wouldn't be)..... But, I have to basically experience an all new schedule tomorrow because the schedule changes every day, back and forth. They call them orange and blue days. For example: today was an orange day which meant I had 1st period, 3rd period, 5th period, lunch, and 7th period... And tomorrow (a blue day) I will have 2nd period, 4th period, 6th period, lunch, and 7th period.

It's a confusing, I know... So, don't try to understand it... Basically all you need to know is that my schedule switches every other day... So, tomorrow is pretty much like the first day again...

*sigh* Oh well... Just means I probably won't have too much homework tomorrow... =)

~BOB~

2 comments:

Holly said...

Hang in there !!!!! Sean is not thrilled about 2nd grade and I was almost LATE to pick him up yesterday! You will do great .. I remember a talk or two when you started at your old HS. I knew you would do great there and you did.. this will be no different ! Just think how much more well adjusted and adaptable you are then everyone else ! You are so ahead of the game ! Have a great day !

Unknown said...

The 2 cubs have a weird schedule like that in Junior High only they call it "A" day and "B" day. I don't get it, but it does mean they only have band every other day so they only have to carry their giant instruments on the bus every other day (instead of everyday).

The youngest cub is having to adjust to his 3rd new school in 3 yrs. He didn't know anyone last year and no one this year, and he's been all alone at the bus stop the last 2 yrs. :( He's a very likeable fella (like you) and the other kids tend to like him right away. It always takes him awhile to recognize that, though.

You'll get a bang out of this:
Owl Licks started carving stamps and "tatooing" kids with them last year. Apparently, he gain some popularity for it! Too funny!